1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Music Beta in Canada

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Matzah Man, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey Everyone,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered - I couldn't find anything with my specific circumstances...

So - I live in Canada and I want the Google Music Beta... Yes, I know it's only available in the U.S. right now... However I was just in Seattle and figured I'd try registering/downloading there. I was able to register for an account, and downloaded the app on my Asus Transformer and my HTC Flyer and they all seem to be working excellently.

What I forgot to do was download it onto my phone :( (HTC Desire Z - Running CyanogenMod 7.1, Android 2.3.7)

When back in Canada I can login to my google music account from my computer and can use the app on both tablets, but it doesn't appear for download in my market on my phone.

Now I'm trying Market Enabler and have tried all of the U.S. options in Market Enabler but I still cannot find Music Beta... Is there something I'm missing with ME?

Thanks for any and all help with this!

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement

2. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
  3. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC

Thanks for the help. I used titanium pro to do a backup of music [version 2.7 I think] and then uninstalled it.

Used ME to fake at&t and went to the market. I'm pretty positive ME is working because the market looks different when I use it.... still no music app in the market.
    I tried rebooting the phone and different American networks on ME and still can't find music ...

Not sure what else to do other than installing the .apk. 2 quick queations for you:

1) is music 4 compatable with gingerbread (guessing it is just want to makes sure...)

2) how hard is it to install an APk and can someone hook me up with a link?
    (Sry for the noob question... a friend of mine flashed my phone so I've never actually done Some of this stuff.)

Thanks Dave and anyone else!

Matzah

4. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC
    Success! I figured out that in order to install an .apk I just needed to get it on my sd card and then open it...

Thanks for that link/help Dave! Music 4 is awesome.