1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Music Beta

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by seejoshplay, May 26, 2011.

1. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member

I JUST got my invite & am super stoked:D. I am really looking forward to finally managing my collection in one place. Anyone else using it yet?

Advertisement

2. LizLaz

LizLaz Lurker

I have it on my phone & it is great. It took about 20 hours to upload my 1200 songs on my computer, but now I can access all the songs on my phone. Very nice idea from Google.

3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast

I got the invite last Thursday, I've been using it almost nonstop. It's nice having my near 2,000 songs on my phone without taking up all of my 16GB SD card. :)

4. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am also really happy with the service,i will be interested to see what happens when the service it's no longer free.

5. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Android Enthusiast

The only thing that disappointed me is that there is no way to upload music from my linux box. You have to have a Windows or Mac.

6. amarryat

amarryat Android Enthusiast

That and data caps. Uploading simply down download again and pay overages won't fly with anyone.

7. pfs2978

pfs2978 Newbie

Im using the app but would really love to try out the actual service, cant wait for an invite.

P

8. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert

Are there any advantages of this over amazon's cloud player?

9. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Newbie

I'm just curious how many people have gotten invites so far? I'm really excited to get mine and curious how well it works... has anyone been using it regularly?

10. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I got mine last week......it took a while though.

11. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert

I've had mine for two weeks now and it's awesome.

I've got about 2/3 of my music collection uploaded so far. Buffering is fairly quick and it proactively buffers the next song in the list so you don't wait. Buffered music is kept offline for some unknown amount of time. It's super easy to "pin" music you want offline, so it's available offline all the time - you just long press and say "make available offline" and it downloads it to your SD card.

I now use it instead of syncing playlists or whatever. I just unpin music that I don't want anymore, and pin new music that I want. And I can keep my whole library available without using up my whole SD card.

Only bummer is that I had a few albums with the name "Greatest Hits" and it bundles all of them together. As in, if I'm in the "Artist" view and I select "Queen" then "Greatest Hits" - it also has songs from two other artists. No big deal, I just renamed the albums to include the artist names in them and I'm good.

Other than that... Sweet!

12. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

I got my invites last week, just started using it and imported like half of my music so far. I like it so far, still playing with it though.

13. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

I got mine a few days ago.

IT
    IS
    AWESOME

14. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

How does one go about requesting an invite? linky?

15. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

Received my invite last week. It's pretty awesome. :D

go to music.google.com, sign in and request an invite.

Bramsy, Aggie12 and Helicrewchief like this.
  16. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Got mine and I'm digging it! A few quirks, and uploading takes FOREVER if you have a bigger collection, but overall very handy.

17. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i have gotten mine about a week after it was announced, but i havent loaded my music, because my external harddrive with all my music on it is currently not in my possesion, im just waiting on my buddy to return it lol

18. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

I requested my invite last Friday. How long does it take? Of course knowing my luck I will be the first person not invited.

19. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

it takes about a week or so

20. gtixpress

gtixpress Newbie

Has anyone had any issues getting Google Music to work on their phone? I have my account setup and uploaded music, but I cannot access it from my phone. When I open up my Google account settings on my phone, "Sync Music" isn't there. And when I install the v 3.0 player from the Market, I have no "Settings" option to configure it.

21. JRJ

JRJ Member

Go to google music and clear the data and force stop the app..

settings--application--manage applications--google music

Jaysus likes this.
  22. Indians

Indians Newbie

If you go onto the web you can edit the Album/Artist information so it doesn't combine in the the Album view. I had to do this because a few of my songs uploaded without the Artist information and so it split the album into 2. Once I updated the Artist information to be equal it put it back into 1 album.

23. ASC

ASC I'm Shy

How much space do you get? My friend has a 1TB external hard drive full of music and movies.he probably has 20,000-40,000 songs on it.

24. Indians

Indians Newbie

You get 20,000 songs, no limit on size/quality.

ASC likes this.
  25. Kamikaze77

Kamikaze77 Newbie

Darn, didn't realize it was 20,000....have 35,000 songs.

The biggest thing this did for me was made me realize how messed up my tags are for my entire music collection...lol. Ended up deleting everything I uploaded until I fix the tags.