1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Music Beta?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by jntdroid, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    CFP
    Can't seem to get my Optimus V to work with it... Anybody else get it working on the V's?

Advertisement

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Is this just the app that plays MP3s? Or is it more like Pandora or Y! Music? If it is the mp3 player, it is working fine on mine. Was just using it last night.

3. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    If you mean: Music | AppBrain Android Market then yes, working on my V. Make sure it's working on line 1st. I think it's great (but don't really listen to music on the phone much). I use it on my PC more.

Only problem I see is it doesn't show up on my Appbrain list (but does at Market). Wish it supported Apps2SD! Fairly big memory hog.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    CFP
    Yes - it's that one. When I reinstall it, it gives me the option to re-register it, and it does, but then none of my online music ever shows up to stream, and the website never shows my device as registered. I've cleared data, reinstalled, tried over wifi and 3G, etc. Same thing every time... It's like it never connects after the phone says it's connected.

And I know my account is good - I use it online all the time and was just using it on my DroidX the other day as well.

5. mjs2011

mjs2011 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    make sure that your google account is synched. i had to go to Accounts & Sync and re-sync my google account and after rebooting, all of the music showed up.

6. Investor22

Investor22 Guest
    None
    I'm having the same issue. Google music beta doesn't show up in accounts and Sync. I've tried all the solutions mentioned but it only plays songs located on the card. There are no options to connect or sync to music I uploaded to google.

I'm still in the middle of uploading 755 songs. I wonder if it has to upload all the songs before it works?

7. dgodwin1

dgodwin1 Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    I'm in the middle of uploading over 16,000 songs and I'm able to stream any songs that I've uploaded all ready.

8. mikel81

mikel81 Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    My songs started appearing immediately.

9. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Seems I had the same problem the 1st day or two, then more menu items appeared (I think, or I just found them). When albums or songs show up (from SD card), click the phone menu/settings (within the music app). You should see a "Connect to Google account" at top, and clicking it should show your account. I "Download via WiFi only" since it's so slow.

If those options don't show up; back out and hit menu/settings/accounts and sync. Click your Google account that's there, and there should be a "Sync Music" option there. If not, wait a day, if you logged on from a PC and see your songs there, it should sync within a day (or two). Seems you have to have all the ducks in a row to get it going. I'm not convinced it's worth the 8mb of space it takes up.

Investor22 likes this.
  10. Investor22

Investor22 Guest
    None
    The option to link to an account appeared today when I started up the app -one day after I installed the app and started uploading songs. So yeah, there is a delay for it to start syncing and offer you the option to link to your account. Wish they would have explained that upfront.

I had a bunch of iTunes DRM protected .m4a song files that google would not upload to google music so I found this free software converter that will convert them to .mp3 files. I just set the bit rate to match the .m4a file before converting it to .mp3. Pretty simple program for removing the digital rights management copyright protection.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-M4a-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-187723.html?tag=mncol;2

11. jmessick

jmessick Newbie
    None

May 22, 2011
    It works ok, but I hope they make the software more sophisticated. Would be nice to combine albums/artists, and remember stopping points. I want to be able to use it for podcast listening via playlists, too. It's pretty cool. Amazon, Google, and Apple are all struggling to own this market.

12. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    It's alright,not as fast as Audiogalaxy,i have tried all the cloud players now an Audiogalaxy is by far the best.

13. trey3

trey3 Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    i have google music running on my optimus v with no issues. i created my online account 1st and started uploading music. then, i installed the app and it magically had all the music there.

14. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks! I'll try that out. I uninstalled Google Beta, decided the app was just too big for what it does (over 8mb), Audiogalaxy appears to be about 1/8 the size.

edit: Wooooo... it only took AG 30 minutes to upload my 2500 song library! (took Google 2 days!)

Is there a way to play "other people's songs" within the app? I click one and it asks to play it in YouTube or Browser... be nice to add those to playlists.

15. agrarianistory

None

Jul 23, 2011
    I'm having problems getting Google Music Beta to download music I try to make available offline. I'm using an LG Optimus V with android 2.2. Not sure what is going on. It seems to let me pin the albums I want to be downloaded but then they don't seem to download??? If I turn the screen off I notice that if I dont turn it back on again for a couple of minutes I can see a faint grayed out pushpin in the status bar but it tends to disappear really quickly. If I pull down the notifications the pushpin is there for a few seconds but does not seem to be indicating that downloading is happening and then it disappears from the notifications on its own. Can anyone help?

16. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Moved to Android Media forum as this isnt really Optimus V specific :)

agrarianistory likes this.