1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Music ghost files after deletion! How to remove?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omnimodis78, Dec 25, 2011.

1. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Lurker

After days (yes, days) spent on this topic, I am forced to get help. Firstly, I reside in Canada, so I can't access/use the 'cloud' Google Music service. Secondly, I drag & drop all my MP3 files through USB into a folder I created in the root folder, and I named it "music". It all works great until a few days ago I added about 20 songs, none of which showed up in the player (though the files are in the folder). I decided to clear out the folder so I deleted everything. Restarted the phone, but when I go into Google Music, all the files, complete with albumart, etc remain cached. The files are gone, because if I try playing them, I get a message saying that the files are missing, but I cannot clear the cache, so there are over 250 ghost songs in there now. I tried 'clear data', which resolves it for a few seconds, then all the cache just pops right back. What do I do, I want my music player to be cleared out! Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews