• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Music 'pinned' music disappeared??

streetfish

Dec 18, 2011
The Dirty
I'm not sure if this is a bug in ICS/Google Music but thought I'd share and see if anyone else has experienced anything like this:

I have Google Music and set up it in the native music player in ICS. I 'pinned' about 75% of my collection so I can listen offline (I often travel on the subway in NYC and have no signal) I noticed that when you pin music in google it saves it in the app itself, in some cache, not in the local music folder.

I then uploaded 2 songs from dropbox into my local music folder at some point.

Everything worked fine for a few days, I saw all music in the google music app.

Today on the way to work I was listening to Sirius on my GNex, I went underground and lost my signal so sirius cut out. I switched over to the music player and saw all my music there for a split second, and then all of a sudden it disappeared. Somehow I got logged out. The music app asked me to sign-in again with my account, and all my music was gone except I was left with only the two songs I had loaded into the music folder locally. If I view my music in the cloud it is all there, but no longer is it pinned.

Same thing happened to me. I was putting my phone in a dock, though, so I figured I'd just accidentally hit a wrong button and logged myself out. But apparently if you remove and re-add your account it gets rid of your pinned music, and you have to re-pin it. I'm hoping that I just hit a button, and it's not a bug that randomly logs you out.

Upvote 0
Good to know I'm not the only one. I don't think I would have hit anything that logs me out. I launched the music player from the widget and pretty sure i was just trying to scroll down the recent albums and all of a sudden i was logged out.

just curious, do you use google 2 step verification? I wonder if that logged me out automatically after X number of days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones