• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Music Player Distortion

alhenderson

Nov 16, 2010
Northampton, UK
I signed up for Google Music a few months back and uploaded loads of my music so I could play it on my phone or tablet. I have been having problems lately, though, where I notice distortion in the songs. Its difficult to describe, but its a bit like a buzzing noise. It happens on my Desire HD and my Nexus 7, and is not always at the same place in a song, so I don't think the tracks are corrupt. It happens with on device music as well as streaming music, so not a problem with my wifi/3g connection either.

I did some googling and there was chat about it being a problem with the phone clocking down the processor when the screen was off meaning it didn't have enough power. I get it even with the screen on, so I guess that's not the problem :-(

Has anyone else had anything similar? I'm not the kind of person that notices if the music I'm listening to isn't top quality, but I like it to sound half decent :)

Cheers,
Al

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones