• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google nav data/km?

marden

Aug 23, 2010
im about to make a 100km trip in germany where prices are 3euro/mb... so im a little concerned how much data it will consume... any idea anyone?

if i load the map from wifi and shut down the phone... will it still have the map stored or do I have to keep the phone turned on all the time?

Planning routes is done by google's servers, so you will use at least some data when planning your route. However, this should be minimal quantities of data (i'm guessing a few k).

Map data should get cached, so if you plan the route while youre here, it shouldnt need to be reloaded when youre over there. You can also browse an area manually and this data should also be cached - useful if youre exploring a city on foot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones