• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Navigatiom

LrdAnkh

Sep 10, 2011
West Orange, NJ
I had tested this at home and it seemed to be working fine, however today when I got in the car and selected work which I had programmed previously, I plugged it into the cigarette adapter and it said it had lost the connection. I checked both wifi and gps and both were on, i turned both off and turned them back on. It still did not find the connection however as i was driving the gps was naming the streets I was on with no problem Is there something I am not doing right? Does plugging in to the cigarette adapter cause issues? I forgot to unplug it and test it that way I will try that on the way home to see. Any help is appreciated.

PS. I just tesed it again from my office and again instantly it acquired gps and gave me a route to follow, I wonder since my adapter is an aftermarket one if that was the problem, as i said will try on way home and will post those results.

I had tested this at home and it seemed to be working fine, however today when I got in the car and selected work which I had programmed previously, I plugged it into the cigarette adapter and it said it had lost the connection. I checked both wifi and gps and both were on, i turned both off and turned them back on. It still did not find the connection however as i was driving the gps was naming the streets I was on with no problem Is there something I am not doing right? Does plugging in to the cigarette adapter cause issues? I forgot to unplug it and test it that way I will try that on the way home to see. Any help is appreciated.

PS. I just tesed it again from my office and again instantly it acquired gps and gave me a route to follow, I wonder since my adapter is an aftermarket one if that was the problem, as i said will try on way home and will post those results.

I experience this problem on rare occasions when I'm using the Windshield dock, it doesn't come with a charger so I'm using a charger that I bought from verizon.

The problem I see is that it looks like the 4G network turns off (it goes white).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones