• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Navigation auto re-route?

llckll

May 16, 2011
Hi All,

This is my first Android phone (Samsung Infuse) and loving it so far coming from an iPhone 4.

When I enter a destination in Google Navigation, will it automatically re-route you around traffic if detected along the route without user intervention? Or do I have to press on the bottom left indicator and select a different route manually.

Thanks.

Yes, there is no setting for it. They claim that it does it automatically: You’ve got better things to do than wait in traffic - Official Google Mobile Blog

I guess I have to take their word for it. But I like Google Navigation as well and use it every day going to and from work. I'll have to see if it takes me a new route everyday because it predicts traffic or if it'll take me the same route each day.

It took me a totally different way I would have never thought of going or even knew about. Then when I looked back on the map of my usual route every day before having Google Navigation, the one street where there is usually traffic was red. And I actually passed the end of that street using the new route. I guess it does what it's supposed to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones