• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Navigation Issues

edcooper714

May 16, 2010
I had 3 different issues using Google Maps Navigator this weekend:

1. It had me going backwards. The moving arrow was going from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.

2. The navigator map itself kept flipping around and would not hold a steady course.

3. I was navigating fine then it suddenly stopped and started itself a few minutes later. Later in the day it worked fine.

I was in Seattle with a clear view of the sky because by cell phone was in a holder on the dash.

Any body else having these issues?

I had 3 different issues using Google Maps Navigator this weekend:

1. It had me going backwards. The moving arrow was going from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.

2. The navigator map itself kept flipping around and would not hold a steady course.

3. I was navigating fine then it suddenly stopped and started itself a few minutes later. Later in the day it worked fine.

I was in Seattle with a clear view of the sky because by cell phone was in a holder on the dash.

Any body else having these issues?

Iv never had a phone GPS work for me lol

Upvote 0
Mine has worked flawlessly since I got my phone over a year ago. Google Navigate has been wrong once out of hundreds of uses. Copilot Live USA has been right every time too. Only issue is the Copilot Live froze once at a very inopportune time causing me to miss a turn and waste 20 minutes. I'm still pretty shy of using it.

Upvote 0
I have been using google maps, latitude and nav on my Droidx for over a year and it worked almost flawlessly until a few months ago. First problem appeared while navigating with google, my whole phone would completely and randomly reboot itself. Second problem, I enabled 'avoid highways' and 'avoid tolls' while navigating on my motorcycle, then back in the car I tried to un-check those options. The nav is still routing me on back roads. This has made google nav not usable any longer. I uninstalled and reinstalled google maps, to no avail. Is this a known problem in the queue for a fix?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones