1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google navigation missing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knappkd, Feb 9, 2011.

1. knappkd

knappkd Well-Known Member

I am afraid google navigation will be missing from this phone. AT&T's website is saying that googleMaps(not navigator) will be installed along with AT&T navigator. If AT&T is wanting their 9.99 per month for AT&T navigator I can see them blocking googles.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. watsyurface

watsyurface Newbie

Itll be there. even if it isnt, you can always download it. My moto backflip has both. plus ive seen people that prefer att nav over google maps, so i doubt its much of an issue

3. thabends

thabends Member

Not a chance.

4. watsyurface

watsyurface Newbie

knappkd likes this.
  5. knappkd

knappkd Well-Known Member

6. Google Maps is Google Nav. It's built in. That's what makes the Map app so awesome. Places w/reviews and Navigation all built into the Maps app.

7. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Android Enthusiast

The only problem being with how bad Google Maps get addresses wrong and rarely, if ever, cleans up bad addresses. Granted, I still use the piss out of it, but it would be nice if they would at least try to clean it up.

8. scrounger

scrounger Newbie

I believe that Google Navigation is still in beta.

9. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Android Enthusiast

Navigation is built into Google Maps, there is no separate application for it, though there is a shortcut added once you install it.

What I'm saying is that, Yes, Google Maps Navigation is available and included.

knappkd likes this.
  10. pruggera

pruggera Lurker

Google navigator is no longer available and has been replaced by Google Maps. Check it out. It's not bad.

11. docbill

docbill Lurker

It depends what you mean by "not bad". I tried using google maps to navigate. First I told it I wanted to go "Home". (There is no home button.) It wanted to take me to Home Depot. Then I looked for my recent destinations. Apparently it doesn't have that feature either. So then I typed in my home address as the destination. But after that, I could not find a button to press to actually start my journey.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews