• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Navigator

Yeah I'm running the google maps app and the navigation feature seems to work fine. It prompted me to install a text to speech plugin so the directions can include street names and such.

Only had my Revolution a couple days, but the only Bing integration aspect I haven't been able to change is the hard search button, which I believe can be changed by rooting. It's really not a big deal though.

Upvote 0
That's right, Google Maps is available in the market along with all of the other Google apps, and they work. Same here with the capcitive search button, it won't let me change to Google Search or Google Voice Search on a long press. It would seem the only way to change that would be to root. I just use my Google Search widget instead. While in apps you can still use the Search button and it won't force you into Bing Search.

I have installed some other helpful apps to un-Bing my phone:
Car Home Ultra
Dolphin Browser

Other helpful apps:
Gingerbread keyboard if you don't like the LG one or Swipe
Alarm clock plus for a better (or more familiar) desk dock app.
MIXZING for listening to and managing music/videos. Stock app sucks in landscape/car dock mode.

2GB of dedicated internal app install space is awesome on this phone. I finally had to start moving some apps to SD after installing like 95 market apps.

Reactions: Dae96
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones