1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google not syncing automatically (at least not regularly)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WebKat, Dec 19, 2011.

1. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    First things first, I'm running a Motorola Droid 3, Android v 2.3.4, not rooted or anything like that.

I saw some similar threads but they were all like a year and a half old so I figured that the problems were probably different--if that was a faux pas on my part I apologize in advance and you can just tell me to go read those threads and I will.

Anyway, a couple of months ago (about... I'm not good with remembering time) my calendar stopped being in sync between my PC and my Droid. If I added something on one, it wouldn't show up on the other. Then it started happening with my email--I'd check my email and the most recent email in my box would be hours or sometimes even days old, despite my KNOWING there were newer messages because I'd seen them on the PC.

What I've been doing is going into settings > accounts > [relevant account] > sync Gmail/Calendar (whichever I'm dealing with, or both) whenever I needed to check for new stuff. This sometimes takes several minutes, depending on what my connection is like or how much new stuff there is.

This is a pain in the neck, and I really need to be able to rely on, say, calendar reminders of appointments, or notifications of new email. I can't if they're not syncing. What can I do? Did something come unset somewhere? If so where? Is this a bug? If so, who do I make a bug report to?

Advertisement

2. ahareid23

ahareid23 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Same problem, I don't get my new email untill I go to menu/refresh. This has been a huge pain as my gmail is my main email acount. Havn't found anything in any settings that would cause this either. I'm running a Motorola Electectrify.

3. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    menu>refresh doesn't even work for me. I have to go into settings > accounts > (my account) > sync. It's a huge pain. I have to do the same thing to sync the calendar.

I called Verizon and they said I have to remove and re-add that account, but it's my phone's main account and so to remove it I get a message that I have to reset my phone to factory settings!!! So I need to go through and take screenshots and lists of everything I have and how I have it set up (who I have direct dial shortcuts for in which folders, what screens have what app groups, what apps are in which groups, etc.) so that after I reset the phone I can set it back up to how it is now. What a pain in the neck!!!

4. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Cleared cache at all?

5. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2010
    Yup. One of the first things I tried.