1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

google not syncing with android on Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by asafd, Dec 20, 2012.

1. asafd

asafd Lurker

Hi,
    I have purchased Galaxy S3 about couple of weeks ago, and downloaded an calendar app called "Business calendar". Everything was going fine, including syncing all of my google calendars into my phone, until 3 days ago the syncing stopped!
    I went into the google account in "setting" and it says that everything is synced but the calendar... It doesn't say why.
    What can I do to fix it? was it something I did on my phone?
    Please help me fast because my work depends on my calendar.
    Thanks in advance.
    P.S. I saw a post that says that it helps to open a google account just for syncing (????)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Are you running Jelly Bean (4.1)? I started having this issue too after the Jelly Bean update. I also use Business Calendar. Neither this or the stock calendar are syncing.

When I go into the calendar settings I can see all the calendars are unchecked. I recheck them all and all is good till I lock the phone. Then when I unlock the phone all the calendars are unchecked again.

Are you having this same type of issue?

3. asafd

asafd Lurker

what is jelly bean?
    No, in m case, it says in the phone's settings that there's a problem with syncing with google calendar.
    I don't understand how that's possible, if all other google application are syncing fine...

4. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Jelly Bean is the name of the current operating system. In settings go to About Phone and if your version is 4.1.x you are running Jelly Bean.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

OP, could you state which version of the Operating System your handset is running? It helps if you put that type of info in your profile so people don't have to ask. Second, try toggling the calendar sync off, and then back on.

6. asafd

asafd Lurker

I have a 4.1.2 operating system. Does this help?
    I've tried turning it off and back on many times. Didn't help..

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It will if someone else wants to give you instructions that are specific to that version.

Have you tried removing your Google account altogether, then signing it back in so you can see what happens? Or, just for giggles, you could create a second one and see if it syncs OK.