1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Now Data Usage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DC1022, Feb 26, 2014.

1. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Hello everyone, so after searching around I couldn't really find an answer to a question. I am planning on getting a new plan (in Canada) and I'm looking for a plan with data but on a university students budget. I was just wondering from your guys experience, what are your thoughts about how much Google Now uses Data? The main things I'll be using data for are emails, Google Now, sometimes urgent searches, and that's about it. Anybody got any opinions on data usages?

Advertisement

2. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert
    None

At least on the N4 it's hard to tell. GN isn't separated out by itself. Not much though. My month is almost over and if I combine Google Services and Google Search I got about 11.5 Meg used.

[EDIT] I've probably used GN 5-6 times this month and a couple handfuls of searches.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

3. odhinn

odhinn Member
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    You might want to try Opera Max. It sends all your traffic through a VPN, compressing what it can, for maximum data savings. Specific to you though, it has a timeline that shows you what's using your data, and how much. I haven't specifically looked at Google Now, but expect it would be listed.

I'm in the US, but I'd guess it's available for Canada also.

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Google Now is really a component of Google Search, so that's how its usage will most likely be listed. I use Now/Search a lot and it's currently showing 26.69MB of data used in the past three weeks.

5. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Thanks for your guys great feedback and suggestions, as I would like to be able to use Google Now to it's fullest without worrying too much about my data usage. Thanks again.

6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert
    None

I don't go all foamin' at the mouth, floppin' around on the floor about it like some Sirimista do but GN IS pretty neat.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Tags: