• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now Launcher wallpaper doesn't work correctly.

bramkaandorp

Nov 17, 2013
After mucking around with the dimensions of my wallpaper, as well as trying applying a new wallpaper in landscape mode as well as portrait mode, I just can't get my wallpaper to fully cover the screen without getting black bars at the bottom and/or the right.

These bars are not the nav bar and notification bar, they are just above them, so a border between the wallpaper and the nav bar.

I've tried the resolution 1440x1280 (which didn't work) and then 1600x1280, based on some article mentioning that a wallpaper should be 1x height and 2x width for a phone (so I figured that would be portrait mode in a tablet). That also didn't help.

I'm using Quickpic to select the wallpaper to circumvent the Samsung cropping "feature".

I also don't move the wallpaper before applying it, to let the app do all the work, and leave user error out of the equation as much as possible.

This really bothers me, because on my phone, (s3 mini) this is a non issue.

Has someone already solved this? I can't find it, and trust me, I've tried.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones