• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now Launcher

CopaCC

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
Anybody try this now that it's as available from the Play Store? It's pretty lightweight and smooth most of the time, except the app drawer animation can stutter once in a while. The only real issue I've had so far is some of my home screen icons disappear when I reboot the phone. I believe it's ones that have been moved to SD. The apps still appear in the app drawer, but I have to restore from Titanium to get the home screen shortcuts back.

Yes, I have tried it on Samsung Note 3 and it gives different look. Icons are larger. With right-swipe you have google now providing reminders, weather, neaby locations and more. Voice commands are very interesting - send SMS, search locations, you can also open app through voice command. Its worth trying. You can always go back to your default launcher any time.

You can visit my blog below find some more info, screenshot and instructions.

Google Now Launcher - Smart Gadgets Wiki

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones