1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

google now navigate by public transport

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgawera, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jgawera

jgawera Newbie

Hi,
    In Google Now, if I have a meeting, a card pops up with traffic and a navigate link which will take me to driving directions.

Is there a way to tell it to use public transport instead?
    Preferably this would allow the Google Now card to show me how long it's going to take e.g. by bus.
    At the moment, if I click Navigate, it goes into google maps navigation, and from there I still can't find a way of switching to public transport. I have to go into my calendar appointment, copy the postcode and start a new navigation which lets me choose the transportation method.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

I am finding that I also get cards coming up with bus details

3. val88

val88 Android Enthusiast

On the card, click on the 3 vertical dots and go into settings. It lets you change transportation mode between driving and public transit.

What I need is for google now to show me both driving and public transit because I choose one over the other depending on traffic conditions in the morning.

4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I generally always use public transit so I love it.
    But, what you can do is hit the Navigate button on the PT card and when you get into Google Maps change from public transit to driving (or whichever you prefer) and it'll direct you that way. I don't know of a way for it to show you both, but hope it's possible.

5. jgawera

jgawera Newbie

Hmm, that's what I thought it was, but on this mornings card that just took me to the show cards for meetings settings page.

I've now tried it on another card and it works.

I'll see if that option is there next time I get an appointment.

Can you go through the steps of changing from driving to PT once in navigation? I couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks

6. jgawera

jgawera Newbie

I've got it again today on another card,
    The card tells me my next appointment, gives me the map/traffic picture, and tells me how long it will take with a "Navigation" link at the bottom.

If I click on the 3 dots menu button for this card, I get the "settings" menu
    Clicking on here takes me to the "Next Appointment" settings screen where I can change the Card Appears for setting and the Notify if travel time is needed setting.
    There's no settings for transportation mode.

Clicking Navigate on the card takes me to maps navigation, from here I can't change to public transport.

If I go back to Google Now, and click show more cards, I get cards to other destinations (like home, work etc not appointments) These do have the option to change transportation mode under settings.

Anyone else get this?