1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Now on iOS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rxpert83, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Moved to the lounge since I guess this isnt really android specific. I wouldnt be opposed to it being moved back if its truly in the wrong place though

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

treb1797, ocnbrze and 9to5cynic like this.
  4. DWasilew

DWasilew Well-Known Member

It's just the voice search, it's not the whole Google Now experience. It would be pretty screwed up if iPhones got that experience and older Android versions didn't.

Also, will the Google Search app be updated to this new version?

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Seems iOS has gotten some other Google apps updated before Android so I'm not entirely surprised.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It just saddens me. It was one thing that is definitively better than its iOS counterpart.

You would think Google would keep it home to help strengthen its mobile os

7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

What if its to lure more people to android? To show that Google's OS is better? :3

8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Maybe it'll say something like "Google Now, working on all the coolest android devices" when you start it up. Or at least show the android logo....

That's just my wishes though...

Really, I wasn't too thrilled when I got a message saying that it was going to Apple iOS.

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

from the title of the op, i was envisioning a parallel type program running on the iphone to run android os. thank god that is not happening. but none the less this is still not cool from google. curios to know what they were thinking on this one.

10. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

11. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert

Kinda... but more like wanting to profit off of that enemy user base.

This isn't apple needing google.. its google needing apple! Let us not forget what google is and what drives revenue = search engine. This is a way to have more users utilize googles search... i.e. google now = more advertising revenue for google.

This is just another indicator that search engine profits are more of a driver for google than the android OS.

dan330 and agentc13 like this.
  12. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

@Treb1797 - Lol. Yeah, what are they using ..? Bing?! Apple needs to step up. And google needs to hold some of their cards closer to their chest. Unless, this is all some part of a master plan to take over the world.... :eek:
    ;)

13. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert

No.. but I'm pretty sure Sire (apples new marketing toy) is not using Googles search engine. That = millions of iphone users not using Googles main revenue generator. By allowing GN on IOS that increases the usage of google search engine. At the end of the day.. this is what generates revenue for Google... not Android.

Thought this was directed at my comment... not sure after your edit?

14. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Nope, sorry for the confusion. But you do make a good point. Google's main focus is $$$ and they get that from searches. Doesn't really matter to them if that's from an iPhone or android device (or pc/mac either).

15. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

But it matters to meeeeee

/crying

:rolleyes:

ocnbrze and 9to5cynic like this.