1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Now Texts Using Voice Control - "Can't reach google at the moment"

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dtfamily, Jan 16, 2016.

1. dtfamily

dtfamily Member

For me, everything works w/ all Google Now voice functions except multi-sentence texts. I can compose a one-sentence voice text, and it works ok. But if I create two-sentence voice texts (with or without punctuation), it creates the message, and right before it sends I get the "Can't reach google at the moment" message. I have a T-Mobile Note 4 on Lollipop, and it is also occurring on my Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet- same issue, same message. So I'm thinking it sounds like it is Google-account specific, not device specific...?

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi, it would seem not to be a problem with Google voice itself - I can create and send multi sentence, punctuated messages without any problems (HTC M9 running 5.1).

#2 tommo47, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. dtfamily

dtfamily Member

Ok, I've done a hard reset and discovered the problem. Google Voice texts work fine. When I install Google Wear for phone, it asks me to update Google (Search). When I update Google (Search), I start get the error (Can't reach Google at the moment") with longer voice text messages. If I uninstall the Google (Search) updates, the error message goes away.

Obviously I could just not update Google, but that ultimately won't allow me to have newer features of Google Search/Now functions. Any suggestions for help PLEASE!