1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Now voice quit talking back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jyarbrough20, Jul 16, 2016.

1. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Anyone experience this at all? I have tried everything from wiping cache and resetting my phone. I cannot get the voice synthesis to respond. All of my settings are right. I have gone all through my online good account to see if I maybe inadvertently unchecked something....i'm not sure what's going on, but it's aggrivating me! not that I use this all of the time, but I do ask it the times and weather in the morning while i'm trying to peel myself out of the bed! Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? my media volume is turned up...the languages are correct....i'm just at a loss...thanks for the help, if there is any to be had.....

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    While the voice might not be working, does the screen show that Google has heard your command?

A few things to check: – you might have done all of these.
    Make sure your microphone is working properly. Try recording and replaying a message. Occasionally dust etc. can clog the microphone affecting audio quality..
    Make sure that your language is set to English and not accidentally changed.
    Disable S Voice.

3. Ross Jacobsmeyer

None

Jul 18, 2016
    Male
    Having the same issue. Microphone is fine -- did a test recording and playback with voice recorder. Disabled S-Voice. Worked fine on previous Motorola Droid. This Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is three days old.

4. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Are any of you using an alternate launcher?
    Are any of you in power saving mode?

5. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    so I have sort of found a solution on my end...I put my daughters google account of my phone just to see if it made a difference and it did...under her account, with google now, it worked perfectly, talking back and everything like normal, but when I put my account back on my phone, google now stops....So what I did was I began disable some of my google account services. When I disabled web and apps under activity control, it began to work like normal, but when re-enabled, it would quit. I deleted everything off of this, but it still wouldn't work, so i just left it disabled....Give this a try and see if it helps.

6. Ross Jacobsmeyer

None

Jul 18, 2016
    Male
    I was using power saving mode and what was the default launcher I believe, HomeWiz

7. Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Power saving mode could be disabling Google now. Turn it off and you should get back this capability.

8. Ross Jacobsmeyer

None

Jul 18, 2016
    Male
    No. That isn't the issue. Power saving mode had no effect either way. The problem is in the google account itself somewhere. I did a factory reset and linked my google account. OK Google voice still didn't work. I then did a factory reset on the phone and didn't link to my google account. OK Google worked fine with selected UK English voice. I created a new google account and it still works.

Thanks for everyone's attempted help and input on this! It is appreciated!

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.