1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kelgorus, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Kelgorus

Kelgorus Newbie

I have heard of people getting Google Now on their S3s by rooting the phone and the like, however I wanted to know if it is truly possible?

I am with an S3 on a Canadian Plan with Bell Canada but don't want to wait the month or so to get Google Now, is there a way to get it without rooting?

I do not really understand rooting and it scares the bejeebers out of me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

i just did a data wipe while installing a new ROM...so it was perfect timing to take this screenshot for ya!

[​IMG]

3. matttye

matttye Android Expert

At this point I'd suggest waiting. The official jelly bean update is rumoured to be coming out in two weeks. There are already leaks of the official build, which indicates its nearing completion.

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Well, when the JB update is released to the individual carriers, not forgetting that the NA carriers will probably be behind the International version, we can't say for certain that everyone will be updated within a few weeks. :)

However, to the point that the OP is asking, no, there is no way of installing google now without rooting until the official version of Jelly Bean is released to your phone.

Kelgorus likes this.
  5. Kelgorus

Kelgorus Newbie

I am on the North American Version, unfortunately ...
    :(
    We always get things far behind everyone else haha.

I am so tempted to try to root ...
    Just so afraid I will end up bricking my cell!

I do have that warranty with Best Buy but I don't know if it covers that or if they even look to see what happened haha x_x

6. Kelgorus

Kelgorus Newbie

Haha braggart :p

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews