• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I flashed Google Now on top of stock 246 and it works great. I used the online only version of M7.

As for future OTAs, there is another file on that XDA page you can flash to remove Google Now and return to stock. Or in a worst-case scenario, you could always flash the 246 FXZ.
So you did not have to deodex .246 to flash Google Now? Can anyone else chime in about whether or not deodex is required?

Edit: Just read the link in the 2nd post which states you must be on a deodexed ROM. Are you sure you are stock .246?

Upvote 0
So you did not have to deodex .246 to flash Google Now? Can anyone else chime in about whether or not deodex is required?

Edit: Just read the link in the 2nd post which states you must be on a deodexed ROM. Are you sure you are stock .246?

I read that too but know enough to fix my phone if it got screwed so i flashed it over stock odex to give it a try and it worked fine.

Upvote 0
I am bone stock (leak) on .247, but I've been using GNow since ... .238(?) flawlessly.

The biggest thing to remember is that it takes a lot of room up in your system partition, so if you have moved stock apps over to the system partition, you may not have enough room. Likewise, if you install GNow into your system, then you will have very little space left to move stock apps over to system.

And I am not deodexed, either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones