• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
the flashable I see is for jellybean roms. Is there one for any rom as you know of?
It so fun though, as I just updated a ROM on my Xoom, and it is in it. I'd love it on my phone as well.

Link:
http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...od-jelly-bean-voice-assistant-google-now.html
I just flashed this a half an hour ago and it works.

"- Flashable zip deletes previous "GoogleQuickSearchbox.apk", "GoogleTTS.apk", and their odex files Some Custom Roms may have have these named differently so you might have to manually delete them before flashing this -Plz see Rom Dev". I renamed both .apk's with a .bak in case I ever wanted to go back to stock.

The only crappy thing is Google Now is not supported for our phones on the Play Store. Anyone know how to update this at all?

Upvote 0
Link:
http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...od-jelly-bean-voice-assistant-google-now.html
I just flashed this a half an hour ago and it works.

"- Flashable zip deletes previous "GoogleQuickSearchbox.apk", "GoogleTTS.apk", and their odex files Some Custom Roms may have have these named differently so you might have to manually delete them before flashing this -Plz see Rom Dev". I renamed both .apk's with a .bak in case I ever wanted to go back to stock.

The only crappy thing is Google Now is not supported for our phones on the Play Store. Anyone know how to update this at all?

Do you have voice? I am seeking that over on xda, they didn't have voice.

Upvote 0

The newest version of Google Now uses a different framework and system files. From the comments I've seen on XDA, it doesn't seem too likely the newest system bits can be made to work with existing 4.0 bits.

Reactions: mysticalnyte
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones