1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google opening randomly?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EvanBWatts, Apr 20, 2012.

1. EvanBWatts

EvanBWatts Lurker

Hi, this is my first post. Sorry if the topic has been brought up before but I didn't find it in any searches, on this forum or anywhere else, and it doesn't seem to be in the sticky.

SO. My issue is that my Gnex will randomly open the google.com homepage. That's it. Don't know why. It's not terribly frequent but it's frequent enough that I'm getting a bit frustrated. I'll just click on a text I want to read and.. oh what's this? "Choose what you'd like to use for this action - Dolphin Browser, Chrome, Browser (whatever, something to this effect)"...

Hmm. *Dolphin Browser*. --- Google.com...

Uhhhh. Okay?

Half an hour later, browsing Fancy... "Choose what you'd like to use..."

No? It's a simple matter of clicking back to get out of this but I'm just frustrated because it's so confusing!

I mainly just want to know if I'm alone in this happening because I haven't had any luck finding another person with this issue.

Thanks

E.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

so when you say randomly....it just opens when you're doing absolutely nothing? just looking at the phone while it's unlocked and it opens?

3. trophynuts

like a text message? are you using stock text messaging app or something else?

4. EvanBWatts

EvanBWatts Lurker

Stock messaging. I'm not sure how to explain it. I don't usually pay enough attention to what I'm doing when it happens. Sometimes it happens just when I wake my phone up. Sometimes I'll press *something* (nothing that would cause me to directly go to Google's homepage [not even a search bar or whatever, just right to Google.com]) and then it happens.

I'm going to try and more closely monitor exactly what I'm doing when this happens and get back on here.

5. trophynuts

yeah please do. Surely we can help you figure it out.

6. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I see a similar problem on my Nexus S 4G running ICS. I'll randomly get a dialog box that asks me to open with Docs or Gmail...but I'll be like on the homescreen and haven't pushed anything. Could be an ICS bug?

7. EvanBWatts

EvanBWatts Lurker

Okay! So after monitoring it for a while... it has happened again a handful of times since I last posted (maybe 8 or so?). I can confirm that it is indeed happening even when I haven't touched the screen. It has happened when I've been in my text messages, it has happened when I've been in the settings menu, and other situations in which I haven't done anything in particular to initiate it.

In one instance I was pulled away from something I was doing into dolphin browser where I saw THREE tabs that had loaded the google homepage when I previously only had one tab with Facebook open.

Weird, right?

No, it's not a huge issue, it's just strange and I'm inclined to try and make it go away. If I don't get it fixed... meh?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Evan W.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews