1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google pay in Canada for tap purchases

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stragf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. stragf

stragf Lurker

I wasn't certain where to come. I upgraded my Samsung 8 to the Samsung 20. Whenever I attempt to use the Google pay app, the machine reaction says to hold the phone near to the terminal. It comes up with a red exclamation. Its that for some reason the settings on the s20 are too sensitive. Does anyone have an issue with this or can you point me in the right direction? Thank you

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i are you sure that the terminals will work with google pay? not all terminals work with it. i find that samsung pay is much better as it will work with any terminal where you have to slide a credit card. with google pay you have to look for the google pay logo and hold the phone over that area where as samsung pay you hold it near where the mag strip of the card goes thru.

3. stragf

stragf Lurker

it seems to be a calibration issue. Samsung pay is not available in Canada at the moment with many bank cards. This is why up Google pay. The S8 NFC system worked almost without flaw, where is the s20 NFC system seems to trigger the machine before payment is made. It's just a frustration and something for an old guy to complain about.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it happens sometimes with samsung pay, where i have to re-try using it, before it will go thru. does it eventually work? and that sucks about no samsung pay in in Canada.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs