1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Pay or Samsung Pay

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Unforgiven, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...
    Moderator Thread Starter

I've used Google Pay since it was first introduced on the Galaxy Nexus, though I've only really started using it frequently in the last few years its availability has become more ubiquitous.

Now that I am getting the S20, are there any advantages to Samsung Pay? Perks? Is it easier to use if I attach multiple cards? Does if manage store reward cards as Google Pay does.

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I think it is no better/worse. I always thought of them (apple pay included) being which one is used at more places.

Also, if you have a WearOs watch I think Google Pay is a must. But if you get a Tizen/Samsung watch, chances are using samsung pay would be super useful (from watch)

3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

In my experience, Samsung Pay (on my Note 8) works at a lot more places than Google Pay. I freak out the cashiers when they ask if I have Google Pay or Apple Pay. I say Samsung. Then scan it and it goes through perfectly. Meanwhile the cashier forgets how to finish the transaction and has to void something and do it all over LMAO.

I will say Google Pay works well (where it is accepted) on my LG V40.

I do use 2 credit cards on Samsung Pay and i just swipe to the card I want to use and it's very easy. I don't used it for Store rewards as they are all loaded in Google Pay (Yes, I am too lazy to move to Samsung Pay)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Moderator Thread Starter

I've found most places accept Google play even if they don't know it. If it has the mobile pay icon it is accepted.
    [​IMG]

olbriar, Clementine_3, Hadron and 2 others like this.
  5. NightAngel79

Administrator

6. Unforgiven

Moderator Thread Starter

Not surprising.

7. NightAngel79

Administrator

Also strangely not surprised. Google has been known to half ass things here and there. Maybe I will give it a fair shot.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Probably because Samsung Pay has MST (if you have a phone that supports MST), which means you can use it anywhere that takes only mag-stripe cards. AFAIK Google Pay doesn't have MST.

9. NightAngel79

Administrator

Not surprised at all. Most have no idea.

10. yule dee

yule dee Newbie

Samsung Pay works at a lot more places than Google Pay. If you live in a big city, Apple and Samsung Pay are everywhere and are used all the time. :)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs