• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Phone App bug since update

Depereo

Lurker
Jul 31, 2017
I have a Google Pixel XL, and am currently running the Android Beta O version OPP2.170420.019. Since the recent update to the Phone app (version 10.1.161735957) approximately 2 weeks ago (7/17/17) any time I receive a phone call the call is not displayed on the screen, nor does the call wake my phone screen. The ringtone will play and/or phone will vibrate to indicate an incoming call. However to see the caller, and to answer the call I must unlock the phone (if it is currently locked), open the phone app, select the keypad as if I want to dial a number, then I will see the options that I normally would if I was already in a call. I then need to select "Return to Call in Progress" at which time the typical incoming call screen is displayed with caller picture and number and I can swipe to answer as I normally would. Also, a missed call does not appear in my notifications bar, but does show in my phone history if I manually check it. AND I am not receiving any voicemails. As you can imagine this leads to MANY missed calls from the lengthy answering process, as well as not noticing that I missed calls when I am away from my phone. I waited several days since the update assuming a new update would be promptly released with bug fixes, but nothing yet. At the least I need to revert back to the last version pre-update.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or know what I can do to fix it? I have already emailed Google support with this info. Any help is appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones