• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google phone at FCC

The Google (NSDQ: GOOG) Phone, which also goes by the name Nexus One, and the HTC Passion, has hit the FCC and it looks like it will support T-Mobile (NYSE: DT)’s 3G network (1700 MHz), and Europe’s 3G standard (2100 MHz). Devices that hit the FCC usually reach the market within 90 days so you can expect this phone to be out in Q1 of 2010, or January if the rumours are to be believed. Engadget also managed to score some exclusive photos of the device, 11 in total, and it appears to have no Google branding on it, at all, nor is there HTC branding, there is simply a Droid holding a flag with a QR code on the back. Most intriguing is a link to google.com/phone/support on the packaging, that right now points to a non working website, but could point to the mythical beast’s homepage at some point in the future. The timing of this is just too perfect. Day 1 started out with tweets from employees, day 2 was an official blog post from Google, and now it hits the FCC? What next?

So Verizon passed on the Iphone and now the google phone. I heard the deal was open on each hand set to every carrier. Verizon needs to get a clue. This phone wont be as popular as the Iphone I would guess but its going to be huge Im sure. Although Verizon has the best service they still dont get it. We want the best handests! Got the Droid but come on, one cutting edge phone a decade. Step it up Verizon and get some more cutting edge phones. I dont know who the genius is who passed on the Iphone, wonder if its the same guy who said no to the Nexus one.. Duh

Upvote 0
This is great news for Tmo! Seems the rumour mill churned pretty near correct. I'd like to see an unboxing of this bad boy. Phandroid?

Now, how this Google Phone drop will impact the specs on the Bravo in April is what I am wondering? Since it bypassed 2.01 and went directly to Android 2.1 - I anticipate that the Bravo will be even more awesome. Oh boy!!!

The scary part is that you have to decide, LOL - You know that this is *so* cool...yet you know that four months later cool gets cooler still. Don't you just love technology?!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones