1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

google photo quality issue/question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by marden, Nov 18, 2019.

1. marden

marden Well-Known Member

1. If I get a pixel 4, then I won't have unlimited upload in original quality, but it seems like pixel 4 takes 12mp shots and high quality is max 16mp, so I don't understand why the internet is saying this it is a huge problem that Google removed unlimited original quality upload that has been with the former Pixels - can anyone explain this to me? To me it seems like all my photos from my Pixel 4 will be able to upload in the same quality as original, just through the high quality setting...

2. I just uploaded some videos in 720p with high quality settings, so they are supposed to look identical or almost. Now when I go and check them out, I can only select 360p. Is this because it takes time for Google to finish the processing?

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well according to the verge article:
    1.the pixel 4 will backup to google photos at high quality in which the photo file gets compressed which i believe you lose some visual quality this way and is why it is offered for free.

2. is this for youtube?

Hadron likes this.
  3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Don't mess with Google's promise, they could change it anytime.

If you want use Google Photo, buy more storage and select Original quality for your photos and videos.

ocnbrze likes this.

Google Photos

Google Photos Forum

com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.webapk.wcc9c5d73becd563d681a1eeea6eb65311

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs