1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Photos is always running and eating data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimmyf101, Aug 5, 2017.

1. jimmyf101

jimmyf101 Lurker

My Droid Turbo is eating through battery life and my data. I am only getting about 9-10 hours of life. I am able to check the Battery status and will usually see Google photos up top with the highest %. I will click on it and then hit Force Stop.
    I always use WiFi when at home but I'm eating through data like nobody's business! Help!

susoorballo likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Go into settings for Photos, then to back up and sync and turn off the cellular data sync option. It should only sync over wifi then.

psionandy, Dannydet and Hadron like this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

In photos settings, make sure only uploading by WiFi is checked

Hadron likes this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Has this issue been a long-standing one going back a while or just something that the Google Photos app has started doing recently. Or is this a new install of Google Photos?
    If it's a problem that just started to happen, have you recently added a large number of photos to your photo library? Or recently enabled the option to include videos in your backup? That might explain why it's trying to upload so often. That would also apply to a newly installed set up, the app is just trying to fulfill its initial, full backup into your online Google account. Try leaving your Droid overnight, connected to your WiFi, so it can finish doing its backup.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews