1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Pixel XL Issues with wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drunkpunjabi, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Drunkpunjabi

Drunkpunjabi Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2017
    Hello All,

I just bought a new Pixel XL phone and I am having Issues connecting to Wireless network. I have a Range extender (Netgear) setup in the basement. I have 10+ various devices connected to it without any Issues. I am able to connect to the main router without any Issues. tried resetting the network settings and even the phone itself but no dice. Anyone encountered any similar Issue?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Not with a pixel but I did with another device. It turned out the problem wasn't the phone, but the range extender. A firmware upgrade on the Range extender fixed my issue. You might want to check to see if there is an update for yours. :)

3. Drunkpunjabi

Drunkpunjabi Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2017
    I have already updated the firmware to the latest version. even tried the WPS Push Button to connect the phone but still no luck :( Wifi status on phone goes like this: Connecting > Obtaining IP address > Connected > Saved. Its just doing the same thing over and over again. sometime, it connects but disconnect after 30 seconds.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you say it stays connected to your primary router (access point) and only does this with the Netgear extender, then I'd have to guess they are just not compatible. :(

I've given up on range extenders. They are a good idea, but I never got one to work right. I've gone to installing full access points in multiple locations and disabling wifi on the router completely. Works great, easily managed and much better connections to everything. :)

I've got two of these right now in my house

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLAK1UG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted the POE model.