1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google play acccounts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djand, Oct 1, 2012.

1. djand

djand Newbie

I currently have a google play account for my HTC phone but can I use the same account with my galaxy note 10.1 or will I have to have 2 accounts?

How do the majority of multi device users do this?

sorry if this is a silly question but still waiting to receive my note so cant try things myself to get the answer.

Thanks

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I use the same Google account on both my phone and tablet. That way any app purchases can be used on both.

3. djand

djand Newbie

Thanks AntimonyER, Im so glad you said that as that is what I was hoping to hear.
    Guess that makes sense but I was worried I would need 2 accounts so I would be charged for each app on each device ( maybe Google missing a trick there )

4. Phoenix1974

Phoenix1974 Well-Known Member

I don't think Google are missing a trick at all, I think they are keen to retain their customers. Unlike Apple which in a lot of cases you have to buy separate apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod. That's just plain stupid!

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

This is one of the things I found most irritating regarding apple apps. Initially I used to buy a lot of apps but started slowing down just for this very reason.

6. djand

djand Newbie

Got my Note yesterday and it was simple as to get apps on it -

I agree that the way Google listen to customers need and respond without trying to rip us off like Apple. I had a gen 2 ipod and thats the last apple product i brought for myself.

7. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

And that is why i beleive that apples app download numbers are skewed...if you have to download the same app formatted differently per device...it will add to total amout of apps downloaded. On android, a developer can write an app to detect screen ppi and display appropriate content in the appropriate resolutions. Per blue did this with their parallel kingdom and parallel mafia applications.