• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play acting Wonky.

Legobricke

May 26, 2010
Ok....

Didn't find an answer with search, so I will start a new thread.

When Updating an app or downloading a new app, Google Play starts to flash the screen of the app being downloaded. It is like it is constantly re-opening the app page in which I am downloading. Once the app is done downloading I have to use the back key numerous times to close those pages to get back to the app menu (happens in both landscape and portrait mode.

Also when in I am in landscape and select an app for update, it does not show the change log. It only shows change log of said app when in portrait.

anyone have any ideas? I have cleared the data and cache of google play (version 3.10.14)

Lego

I've seen these things. The screen flashing happens occasionally when updating in landscape and also happens on my Asus Transformer so it's not N7 specific. I've never seen it do that in portrait nor do I remember having to hit back so much.

Not seeing the change log also happens on my Transformer. Touching the apps big icon will bring up the change log, if I remember correctly. Don't have either in front of me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones