1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Play and Google Services errors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DHeavy2011, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DHeavy2011

DHeavy2011 Lurker

A week or so after I got my LG Volt I uninstalled Google Play and Google Play Services because I wanted to get an older version of Google Play mainly for it not to show my name on screenshots there. Since then there has been really nothing but problems with both of them. I also recently have gotten an LG Realm and they're really similar so I installed those files from it on my LG Volt and still errors and no working Google Play at all.

One possible solution I am thinking of is making them system apps and factory resetting but unless someone could verify that'd work I wouldn't want to lose everything for nothing.

Anything else I could try? I am open to factory resetting as many times as I need to. Yes I don't want to keep re-installing apps but I need at least a working Google Play.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Android Enthusiast

did you try going through the download mode to reinstall; the factory image?

3. DHeavy2011

DHeavy2011 Lurker

4. DHeavy2011

DHeavy2011 Lurker

After spending hours trying to figure it out I fixed it. These are what worked for me.

What I did was install what I now know is an old Google Play Services in the priv app folder and the copied the odex. GMSCore.apk and GMSCore.odex.

Then I got the latest Google Play services apk from One Mobile Market. Downloaded and installed it.

Then I opened up Link2SD and saw a setting to apply the update to the system so I did. Immediately rebooted after that.

Then I installed the latest version of Google Play from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!FkwHwZoL!9hxPKPa8uqY3jPhKsU1XK0JK9RiU2orDrax-L-e6bb0

Then I opened back up Link2SD and chose the setting to make it a system app. Immediately rebooted after that.

Then everything worked. Manual making it a system app didn't work for me. But this is for anyone else who has this problem. I downloaded 4shared to test it.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews