• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play app, how do i see the size of the app?

Kharl

Feb 22, 2013
Android devices would be even more wonderful if google just wouldn't be such that attitude...

i am looking for an app an di notice the appearance of my google play just changed, and i am unable to see the app size, the main things that should be at first sight when regarding an app, is, of course, its name, its ratings and its size!
where is the size?

also, i wnt to the app manager and i was able to see that effectively google INSTALLED an update, , i uninstalled and everything was back, fast simple clean and agile again, i was able to see that the app was 230mb (which is too much for a monopoly game lol)

but after couple of minutes the new inefficient look came back again, and i see the update installed itself again!

why google do that?
how can i stop and to stay with the previous version? how do i stop the forced autoupdate of google play?

Hi Kharl, :)

The latest Play Store update definitely takes some getting used to - it's a huge change! The good news is that you can still view Size information when you're checking out an app.

From the app listing, tap the "Read More" link:

Scroll down past the description and update changelog, and you'll see the Size listed along with some other useful details:

The Play Store is pretty tightly integrated with the Google Play Services framework which supports a lot of OS-level functions; Google has recently taken to updating this framework to add new features instead of making you wait for your entire OS to be updated. Because of this, Google often silently pushes those updates... and I'm afraid I don't know of anything that can be done to disable that.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Thank you, now i know where to find the size information...

about the rest.. i honestly dont know what to say, i really, i mean i REALLY dont like the way google moves...

why the app size is at the bottom WITHIN the description area? why google dont want to show that info in the front line?
(due the same reason google does dint wanted external SD card in the nexus? so can force you to buy buy buy a new model when the memory reachs it limits, and now iwht the app size difficult to see.. i see newbie careless users wiht their 16 32 and 64gb full with only couple of apps just because they never saw the size of the app... )
sorry a little paranoic when i get mad with thinks lik this...

about the forced updates... uhh... i am tired.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones