• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play apps will not update while I'm on wifi

OhioGuy59

Nov 1, 2010
Ohio
This started about one day ago. I noticed none of my google play apps were updating. The apps will start going through the update process but it will stay on 'pending'.
For the heck of it, I turned my wifi off and all of the apps updated. So the problem seems to be the apps won't update ONLY while I'm on wifi.
Everything else works fine while I'm on my wifi. The only thing that won't work on my wifi is the app updates.
I have cleared the cache and data in Google Play Store.
I should add that this problem is happening with 2 tablets that I own also. My phone and both tablets are all android.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
This started about one day ago. I noticed none of my google play apps were updating. The apps will start going through the update process but it will stay on 'pending'.
For the heck of it, I turned my wifi off and all of the apps updated. So the problem seems to be the apps won't update ONLY while I'm on wifi.
Everything else works fine while I'm on my wifi. The only thing that won't work on my wifi is the app updates.
I have cleared the cache and data in Google Play Store.
Any ideas?
it might not be with your phone. have you rebooted your router?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones