1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google play: Can I publish app which redirect user to website where user can download another app?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by tommi878, Apr 16, 2017.

1. tommi878

tommi878 Lurker

Hi,
    I created app with movies list but Google play write me that application is suspend 2 times. So I want create easy, simple app, where when user download that app and open it so in the app would be button with text "Download app" and when user click on download button application would open browser with my page and when user click in browser on button "Download" it would start downloading of application from website.

Can I publish this application? Will Google accept it?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by mrex, Apr 16, 2017 (1 points)
  3. mrex

mrex Android Enthusiast

mikedt, El Presidente and psionandy like this.
  4. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

I'd be HIGHLY suspicious of any app that did that.... its a really bad idea for publishers and consumers.

mrex and El Presidente like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I can see why Google didn't like that.

6. bayk

bayk Member

Just try to publish it, I don't think Google will catch it quickly. Normally they don't verify apps manually, they have something like a static code analysis and it will not be able to catch the case you describe here.

Also I believe you understand that this app will looks like a scam. I would never download such an app and I would complain to app in google app.
    [​IMG]
    If you publish it, please update if it was accepted by Google.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Is the OP risking account suspension if he tries this and Google spot it?

8. bayk

bayk Member

Yes, he is risking. He already have 2 app suspension. Three app suspension mean that account will be suspended.
    [​IMG]

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

And there's a good chance that this will be reported by someone, even if Google don't pick it up themselves. High probability that you'll be banned OP.

sweetndreemy73 likes this.