• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play doesn't auto update apps

mehmetakis

Lurker
Feb 14, 2016
hello, I use android 5.0 lollipop.

Google play doesn't auto update and doesn't show notifications for update waiting apps. When I clear "data" for Google Play Store it starts to show notifications, but when I open Google Play , it asks me about google campaigns and agreements, I accept it, and after this process problem starts again.

I am sure this is about the "data" that Google Play uses. Problem disappears when I clear data. Problem starts again after first usage. (first window)

I tried deleting cache and data for Google play services too. I did factory reset and I removed Google Account. Nothing helps.

Thank you.

I would guess that at one point in time you opted out of auto updates and update notifications. When you are logged in to Play and have accepted all TOS agreements, go to settings (three bars in the upper left) and see if auto-update and notifications are checked. Google will remember these settings with your account so even if you clear the data from the app, it will still load back in once you connect to the play store.

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones