1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google play e books

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Getbusylivin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

When I buy and download an e book from Google play, where does it download to on my phone.. I am trying to locate the file and move it to moon reader plus. What file extension is it in.?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

In Moon+ Reader you could choose 'Local files' and then let the reader search for files that it can read and which have a book title of your downloaded book.

Harry

3. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

Thanks Harry, I did that and it only found one book and I have 8

4. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

I tried to clik on a book file and it gave me a link for a drm tool. Should I download this. Digital rights removal..

5. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

Hang with me Harry, with much digging I have located the ebooks that i purchased thru google play books.. they are located at sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.books/files/account/getbusylivin177@gmail.com/volumes

Question:: Should I create a new folder and move all these into it for moon+reader pro to be able to locate and import them

the volumes are listed like this fhUXAAAAAYAAJ

CXvTBbw6+X4C
    the import function in the reader is not picking them up..

6. Harry2

Can't help you with Google eBooks I'm afraid.

I have the Kindle app for Amazon eBooks.
    From Kindle downloaded eBooks are also in SD/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle folder.
    The paid books I can only read with the Kindle app.
    Free eBooks from Kindle I can read with other readers ... after some research ;)

I think with paid Google eBooks you'll have a similar situation.

And yes, for trying out to read the Google eBooks I'd copy (not move) them in a new folder.

Harry

7. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

Thanks for your help Harry,, I tried moving the file to a new folder and it didn't work.. Might just be stuck with google play on those books.. Thanks again..

8. Getbusylivin

Getbusylivin Newbie

According to moon reader pro developer, google books does not allow third readers to open there books. Not yet anyway.. :mad:

Harry2 likes this.
  9. Harry2

Thanks for the info :)

Harry