• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play eBook Reader

Google's eBook reader is not loading my latest book correctly. Mathematical symbols and equations just appear as blank boxes. Any ideas? See image: Cancel the image I am not allowed to post it. Helpful, NOT.

Attachments

• Alex Through The Looking Glass.jpg
    Alex Through The Looking Glass.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 28
Hi ColinMenniss, and welcome to Android Forums :)

I'm going to move your post to the Android Applications subforum, since you're asking about an app instead of a device-specific issue. It should gain better exposure there. :thumbup:

Is the book one that you purchased from the Play Store? Or did you import it from elsewhere?

Upvote 0
What's the book?

It kind of sounds like it may have had errors when it was encoded to a digital format. I tried to read a book this weekend that had all sorts of conversion errors - missing quotation marks and apostrophes, missing spaces between words, etc. I eventually had to resort to downloading it from another location, and managed to find a copy that wasn't corrupted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones