• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play hacked/delete help!!!

bairn7

Lurker
Dec 29, 2014
Hi all

Hoping someone can help me! I have a Moto E and today I think my account has been hacked. I keep getting a notification on my phone saying that I need to sign in to my account but when I do it doesn't accept my password. When I try to recover my password, I get the message that there is no account listed at that address. I've had some weird Turkish google emails recently which I presume is related.

I've looked everywhere and can't find a way to get in touch with google. Can anyone help?

I hardly even use play. The main problem is I now get a notification every few minutes to log in which is VERY VERY ANNOYING!!!

Can anyone help me either a) delete google play (or my login details) from my phone or b) contact google!?

I'm at my wits end with these notifications!!!

Thanks

Hi and welcome to AF :)

The "sign in to your Google account" prompt doesn't necessarily mean that your account has been compromised - I've seen that before when the Google Services Framework was having trouble communicating with Google's servers. That said, it definitely could be an indication of issues with your account.

You've got a few options for removing or resetting your Google account credentials.

To remove your account from the device:
  1. Open the Settings menu
    SNP_BEE8810A5FCD80173673B4B15A1804EAEE99_3529219_en_v0
    on your device.
  2. Under "Accounts," touch the name of the account you want to remove.
  3. If you’re using a Google account, touch Google and then the account. Keep in mind that when you sign out of your Google Account, all the email, contacts, Calendar events, and other data associated with that account will no longer automatically sync with your device.
  4. Touch the Menu icon
    B0DD38D489965835124ED167FA61B7613C56
    in the top right corner of the screen.
  5. Touch Remove account.
You can then try to re-add the account to see if that helps clear up the issue.

To reset your Google account password:
- Head over to the automated account recovery system here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

Good luck - and please do let us know how it goes!

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I've deleted the google account.

I only set it up for google play so I've replaced it with my other gmail account and think I'll just leave it at that. I received an email a few days ago saying that the account was frozen due to suspected unauthorised attempts to access it from Turkey. I didn't pay much attention but then I received a few Turkish google emails, one of which (in English) saying that my email address was setup as an alternative email address for another account. I'm pretty positive that my google account has been hacked but I never use it (and had no billing details set up) other than downloading free apps to my phone.

Removing the account in my phone has stopped the notifications so thank you!!

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Thanks codesplice, but whenever I try to recover my account (forgot username, forgot password, etc) and I enter my email address, I get the message that there is no account registered for that email address. I've quadruple checked that it's the correct email address!!!

The only way I can think of is to contact google by email but I can't find any details.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with google without going throught the help centre because that clearly isn't working!!

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones