1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

google play help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by fran376, Jan 12, 2013.

1. fran376

fran376 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Hi there , have a problem. I am english but live in germany , when i access google play for movies it is all in german and all of the movies are in german ? Anyone got any fixesfor this , thanks

Advertisement

2. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
  3. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome
    None

A VPN app would accomplish the same thing, as you can typically choose what country to access the web through.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Now I found spoofing the IP address with a proxy didn't work with Google Play, because I'm sure it checks the carrier and SIM as well, e.g. if the carrier is T-Mobile DE(Deutsche Telekom) and not Verizon or whatever, and your IP address is spoofed to the US, it will probably still assume you're in Germany.

That's what I found. My carrier is China Mobile(phone) or China Telecom(tablet), so therefore I must be in China, which means no paid apps, no movies, no TV shows and no music from Google at all.

I've found Google can get funny about using a VPN to the US. I still get "viewing denied" messages with YouTube and Hulu because of people trying to bypass US only content restrictions, even though I've spoofed my IP address.

5. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
    Well, I'm certainly not in any position to state things authoritatively in this context, but given China's scrutiny and censorship of Internet connections encrypted, VPN or otherwise, one should question everything.

Probably better to compare such VPN and proxy results with those from less-restricted countries?

Can you get me a cheap ticket from Beijing to Lhasa Tibet on the high-altitude rail line? I understand that we spend 4 days above 14,000 feet MSL in pressurized cars. :smokingsomb::):eek: