1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google play issues!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steeljack99, Dec 29, 2012.

1. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

i started having a problem on google play were most apps say "your device is not compatible with this version" this happens whit many major apps like chrome and soundhound ect. i am running the stock rom with kuban kernel, i have tried flashing back to stock rooted and it didn't fix it, i tried going back to the agats kernel, didnt fix it. i got curious if it was just legitimately NOT COMPATIBLE, so i have a friend with the exact same phone but its stock no root, never been messed with, he is able to download the apps like chrome and soundhound, so something is screwed up, any ideas?? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

Try clearing the play store data and if that doesn't work then unmount the sd card from storage and install the app with it unmounted. You can mount the card again afterwards.

3. steeljack99

neither worked

4. steeljack99

i cleared the cache partition and the dalvik and it seemed to have fixed it

5. Daviedog

Daviedog Newbie

Was wondering what kernel you're currently using? Are you sticking with the agat or going back to the kuban kernel?

6. steeljack99

Kuban, its a beast :car:

7. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

Changing your screen density in the build prop can mess with play store apps!

steeljack99 likes this.
  8. steeljack99

already had that problem too LMAO, had it set to 215 and for two days i was wondering why my stock messenger app was not displaying the message i just sent unless i exited the thread and re_entered the thread, well it was because of the LCD setting i had set was not a compatible value so i set it to 220 and it fixed that, this happened a week ago :rolleyes:

9. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

There's a market fix somewhere on XDA for any screen density. I can't seem to find the link right now, but it fixed the problems for me.

10. lopez33

lopez33 Newbie

Hey So I changed my DPI to 220 using Pimp my Rom and it also gave me incompability with some market apps. I then changed back to 240, cleared the market defaults, clerared both caches but still my market shows incompatible with some apps.

Aggh how do I fix this?

11. ellementz323

ellementz323 Newbie

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-4g-all-things-root/655013-dpi-tip.html#post5398716

Follow this link from Notebook and download and follow the instructions on the XDA website to install the multi dpi play stor fix.

12. lopez33

lopez33 Newbie

I did that, but somehow that also didn't work.
    =/
    I'm going to flash Paranoidandroid (I was on CM10) and hope that it fixes it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews