• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play issues?

gingersnapgirl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2012
Oakland, CA
I purchased a game tonight, but I purchased it through the play store in my browser. It took my payment, but never registered that I purchased the game. So I tried again - this time, the payment went through and it now shows that I've purchased the game, but I cannot install it on my Nexus 7. It says "Installing", gets all the way to 100% and then just hangs. No indication that it's completed, no option to refund or uninstall, and no shortcut on my home screen. Is anyone else having any issues?

Also, because I tried the purchase again, I WAS double charged, and Google doesn't make it easy to find a method to contact them for assistance with this. Can anyone help with this?

Refund/Problem:
Google Play store website > Settings Gear > My Orders
Then mouse over next to the price going towards the app name side of it. When you see the three dots "Report a Problem" and there you can "Request a Refund". Ignore the 15-minute thing, I have repeatedly been given refunds far past 15-minutes.

Actually downloading the app:
I have had this problem RARELY and usually only with updates. My sad work around was to reboot the phone and then install it again. I recall on one occasion after the reboot it was there already. Usually it tells me the update is available and I download it normally. Hopefully this will work for you also.

Upvote 0
I cannot install it on my Nexus 7. It says "Installing", gets all the way to 100% and then just hangs.

Have you tried going in to your phones settings in the app list, locating the Play Store and clearing the cache and data? If that fails, you can uninstall all updates and then reinstall to see if that will fix the issue.

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with my list of apps to see which ones are currently installed and which ones aren't.

So far, very underwhelmed.

In the app, or the PC browser version? In the app version, I deleted all none purchased previous installs. Now on both of the app and PC version all I see in my list are the ones I've purchased and installed.

Upvote 0
In the app, or the PC browser version? In the app version, I deleted all none purchased previous installs. Now on both of the app and PC version all I see in my list are the ones I've purchased and installed.

PC. It used to have my apps listed in categories for installed on my phone and not currently installed, and I can't find that info since the re-arrange.

For a lot of things, either my laptop is faster than my phone or the larger screen is easier for me to deal with.

Upvote 0
I don't care for the new way the apps are listed on that screen. :(

Went back there today to have another peek, and all of those apps I removed that were sitting on there for the last several years, came back. They're gone in the app, but not on the web version. Not happy bout that one.

I saw that on web Play. Every app and game I've had since I first got an Android phone, most of which I removed from various devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones