• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Music - browse/search?

Folks

I purchase music a lot, and Play Music has a lot of scope to interest me. I did a specific search on a band/song I've been looking for for ages, and it came up... I'm happy. It clearly has a lot in there, because that was a pretty obscure track.

But I'm only happy to a point. I cannot figure how to truly browse through what's in there. I am not that interested in Top 200 Albums, or Top 200 Songs or even new releases. I want more.

In help, it says "When searching from the webstore, you can also refine your search results by price, relevance or popularity, and limit results to only include artists, albums or tracks". You can certainly do something like that on Amazon search, but I cannot see how you can do that in Play Music. There are no dropdown boxes, no clickable sort fields, no advanced search options that I can see. I asked a question to Google Play Support and the response was... to repeat what was on the help page. Great.

Anyone? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones