• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play music ?

wags1992

May 3, 2010
I have some music that I download onto my phone from a free app, not google play, I am trying to get all my music I downloaded off this app uploaded onto my google play music. I know I can upload the music to my computer then upload it to play music. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Possibly without having to use my computer just straight from my phone? It's a pain because everytime I download a new song I have to load in on my pc then use music manager to upload it to play music.. There seems like there should be an easier way.

Yeah... I don't think you can upload directly to Google Play but you could workaround by downloading the songs to a cloud-based folder and then point the Google Play Music app on your PC to include that cloud-based folder in its scans.

For example, on your phone, download music to a free Box.net folder. On your PC, open the Google Play Music program and then under the "Upload" tab, select "Add Folder" and select your Box.net folder.

Otherwise you can just use one of the many apps that let you sync a folder on your phone to a folder on your PC, which can then be synced to Google Play Music.

Upvote 0
Yeah... I don't think you can upload directly to Google Play but you could workaround by downloading the songs to a cloud-based folder and then point the Google Play Music app on your PC to include that cloud-based folder in its scans.

For example, on your phone, download music to a free Box.net folder. On your PC, open the Google Play Music program and then under the "Upload" tab, select "Add Folder" and select your Box.net folder.

Otherwise you can just use one of the many apps that let you sync a folder on your phone to a folder on your PC, which can then be synced to Google Play Music.

Genius...lol no really thanks this works perfectly as long as my computer is on. Now any suggestions for my wife she has chrome book and I don't believe she can upload music manager onto her chrome book?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones