• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play no conenction

smallclone

Dec 6, 2010
I think I deleted something useful, because I cannot connect to play store, youtube or email etc.

I've tried restarting,re- installing google account, resetting app preferences, deleting cache from google play and google play services but no joy. Also tried to delete the "hosts" file under system but it won't let me.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

I think I deleted something useful, because I cannot connect to play store, youtube or email etc.

I've tried restarting,re- installing google account, resetting app preferences, deleting cache from google play and google play services but no joy. Also tried to delete the "hosts" file under system but it won't let me.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks
are you using any ad blockers? I had AdBlock Plus installed at one point and it was causing intermittent internet issues on my phone. I dont think it would prevent you from accessing youtube or email but its worth asking.

Do you have any issues accessing data via other apps? Or is it just with the google apps (i.e. gmail, youtube, play store, etc...)?

I can't get my Google Play Store to even open. it worked when i first got my phone then stopped working after that. what can i do to fix it? Help please.....
go to the settings menu and open the application manager. Find the Play Store and clear data. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Google Play Store has always been unreliable, fails to download, mistakenly flags apps as not compatible even though they'd work fine when side loaded (while truly non-compatible apps would be ignored and install and wreak havoc) and the 'no connection--retry' is a very, VERY common error, even with perfect wifi or 4G data. another common error is 'Could not be downloaded due to an error (927)' which makes any use of Play Store extremely limited in my use case.

If you live on the fringe i highly recommend a different app store. a great many are available and can be installed over the browser like any other app, and tend to work well in limited coverage areas or with picky home routers. i think Play Store is so reliant on Google servers that many home routers fail to properly connect to Google and so do many fringe data connections (such as 3G, low-bar 4G, or EDGE) so without the ability to talk to Google, Play Store ceases to function. other app stores are not like this and tend to work well with only a slow download speed being the worst case scenario. Amazon Apps is a great alternative, and pre-loaded on many phones, including Samsung Galaxy, LG G-series, and HTC series.

Upvote 0
A lot of time-related issues were because of faulty time sync. To this day not one Android product can set it's own clock right. It is either a day ahead, or an hour or two behind or ahead, or 8 hours ahead. I always set it manually which helps a ton. Google Play Store acts, well, 'funny' when the time is off enough.

That might be a US thing, I've never seen any Android having time syncing problems, but then this country is only one time-zone and doesn't bother with daylight savings alterations, and no devices are pinging Google for their time references. All devices are synced to CST, and that's it. Never had any problem in the UK either with it, or Russia for that matter.

Upvote 0
To this day not one Android product can set it's own clock right.

To this day neither myself nor anyone I know has had that problem at all, in any way, shape or form.

You're not the Holy Voice of The Secrets of How Android Sucks.

You've become a troll and it's past boring.

You do as you think best but I think that it's past time for you to lay off the baloney.

Upvote 0
One of the best ways to fix the Playstore that is if you Root access is to install Xposed Installer, then install it. Once installed and after device reboots, then go into modules (can be found in downloads section of the Xposed app) look for "Playstore" mods, I usually set up at least the Playstore Fixes, you can also add the Playstore Changelog, PlayPermissionExposed, and theres also a Playstore link in app info. If you are new to Xposed these apps need to linked in the Module section of the Xposed apk on your device(via check mark) in order to function properly. Xposed is like a "Playstore for Root Users." :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones