1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Play No connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Athanatos17, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Athanatos17

Athanatos17 Lurker

Hello.
    As contained in the thread's title I receive an error when entering the Play Store app. It says No connection and prompts for a retry which has no result.
    This also happens to at least one more app, Popcorn Time, which I can't find what they share in common.
    Weirdly enough I believe no other application has been affected, not even other Google affiliated apps such as Play Games, Play Music, Play Books and Play Newsstand.
    I have tried

1. Restarting the device
    2. Entering and exiting Flight Mode
    3. Removing and re-adding my Google account
    4. Removing Data from the Play Store app
    The weirdest thing is, I have found a workaround that I find no reason why it should work.

I am using an app called Hola hola [dot] org for accessing country specific sites. It's a program that makes use of VPN connections, I don't really know the technicalities.
    In any case for some twisted reason both the Play Store and Popcorn Time work when connected through this app's VPN.
    I would have uninstalled it in case it's affecting the connections of my phone even when it's turned off but I'm afraid it won't work and once uninstalled it will be more difficult to install without the Play Store usable.

If anyone is able to help be tell me.
    I might just backup and format the phone but I like to tinker with my stuff and so I would like not to fall down without a fight.

Thank you in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

New Version of Play Store is bring rolled out. You might be getting it. Try clearing all your running apps and go back into play.

I have seen that behavior when Google is updating services in the background

jaymzway likes this.
  3. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

How bout just uninstall google play.apk not services but the play icon on it and try obtaining a legit updated copy of the play store just for say...???? let us know if that helps you out...

4. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

I've only ever heard of mobogenie on this site and it's never been positive. Not saying it doesn't work great for you but I'd be wary of going near that.

jaymzway and hatredg0d like this.
  5. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

I hope this helps out

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews