• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play or Amazon....

evile84

Jan 1, 2012
Trying to decide which is the better service for both music and videos. I can use the HDMI out on my bionic to play movies though the TV and it is already saved to my device. OR my TV has amazon instant video built in and I don't have to play through the phone but I have to use unbox to download and put on my device.

So thoughts... is any one better than the other or just more of a preference?

I was starting to just barely use Amazon's services until Google started focusing on Google Play. Now I try to do everything through Google. Personally, I like the visual experience of Google a lot more than Amazon. My eBooks I all buy now from Google Play. I'll use my Kindle to store free books or send samples of books I want to buy and buy them through Google once they are either available or on sale. Same with TV shows and movies. I have only transferred music I bought or ripped from a friend's CD to Google Play and haven't used any other music cloud services at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones